EMERGENCY MEDICAL RESPONDER (EMR) TRAINING
ONLINE EMR COURSE
January 2, 2022 – March 13, 2022
The Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about the emergency response system and in becoming a first responder by gaining basic knowledge and skills to initiate immediate lifesaving care to critical patients.
This course is geared towards the High School/College Students or anyone wanting to serve their community. Easton EMS is honored to offer this HYBRID program under the current State of CT and CDC guidelines due to COVID-19.
Cost: $900 (includes Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett AAOS EMR 7th Edition)
Class location: Easton Emergency Medical Services
Registration Deadline: December 23, 2021
Course Details Summary
This ONLINE course will have complete access to some instructor led videos, course program instruction lecturers, coursework and assignments. Homework, some lectures, and quizzes are online.
- Classes will meet weekly for hands-on skill sessions.
- The course is a ten (10) week program
- To complete this course, students must successfully complete all grading components, meet psychomotor competencies, and meet cognitive objectives.
- See the list of required items
Items needed for course:
- Laptop computer for class, assignments and Zoom sessions
- A computer outside of the classroom for online lectures and assignments
- Compatible internet speed for all required assignments
- Clinical Uniform that will consist of:
- Black Pants – Dickies (no jeans, no scrubs, no yoga pants, NOT provided)
- Polo type shirt – included in cost of class
- Solid Black non-permeable shoes
- Watch – digital type or has a second hand
The cost includes:
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett AAOS EMR 7th Edition
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- Clinical Uniform shirt
- 8 hours of mandatory ambulance ride time coordinated by Easton course coordinator