WINTER HYBRID EMT
13 Week Program
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (EMT) TRAINING
HYBRID EMT COURSE
January 2, 2022 – April 2, 2022
The HYBRID Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about the emergency response system and in becoming an Emergency Medical Technician. EMT’s are the first line of treatment providing vital care to the sick and injured which can be critical to patient survival.
The EMT course will help provide you with the tools and training needed in becoming an EMT. During the course you will be taught life support skills including assessment of patient condition, airway management, treatment of bleeding control, shock recognition and hands-on training. The program is a HYBRID program with didactic/academic online and an in-person hands-on skill training, along with clinical observation/ride time. This initial EMT program is an entry level course of over 160 hours and Easton EMS is honored to be able to offer this on-line program under the current State of CT and CDC guidelines due to COVID-19.
Cost: $1,100 (includes Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett Navigate 2 Premier Access for Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured Twelfth Edition)
Class location: Easton Emergency Medical Services
Registration Deadline: December 22, 2021
Course Details Summary
Students will be be assigned their week’s assignments every Sunday, which will be due the following Saturday. Class will also meet meet weekly, in-person for our skill session. Class will be on Wednesday from 6p-10p.
- Required weekly assignments.
- Classes will meet weekly for hands-on skill sessions four (4) hours.
- The course is a thirteen (13) week program
- To complete this course, students must successfully complete all grading components, meet psychomotor competencies, and meet cognitive objectives.
- See the list of required items
Items needed for course:
- Laptop computer for class, assignments and Zoom sessions
- A computer outside of the classroom for online lectures and assignments
- Compatible internet speed for all required assignments
- Clinical Uniform that will consist of:
- Black Pants – Dickies (no jeans, no scrubs, no yoga pants NOT PROVIDED)
- Polo type shirt – included in cost of class
- Solid Black non-permeable shoes
- Watch – digital type or has a second hand
The cost includes:
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett Emergency Sick and Injured AAOS EMT 12th Edition
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- NIMS 100, 200, & 700
- Clinical Uniform shirt
- 10 hours of mandatory ambulance ride time coordinated by Easton course coordinator