EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (EMT) COURSE
ONLINE EMT COURSE
August 23, 2020 – November 25, 2020
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about the emergency response system and in becoming an Emergency Medical Technician. EMT’s are the first line of treatment providing vital care to the sick and injured which can be critical to patient survival.
The EMT course will help provide you with the tools and training needed in becoming an EMT. During the course you will be taught life support skills including assessment of patient condition, airway management, treatment of bleeding control, shock recognition and hands-on training. The program is a combination of classroom instruction, skill (hands-on in person) training and clinical observation/ride. This initial EMT program is an entry level course of over 160 hours and Easton EMS is honored to be able to offer this on-line program under the current State of CT and CDC guidelines due to COVID-19.
Cost: $975 (includes Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett Navigate 2 Premier Access for Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured Eleventh Edition)
Class location: Easton Emergency Medical Services
Registration Deadline: August 23, 2020
Course Details Summary
This ONLINE course will have complete access to some instructor led (via Zoom), course program instruction lecturers, coursework and assignments. Homework, some lectures and quizzes are online.
- This is an online course.
- Required weekly assignments.
- Classes will meet weekly for hands-on skill sessions four (4) hours.
- The course is a thirteen (13) week program
- To complete this course, students must successfully complete all grading components, meet psychomotor competencies, and meet cognitive objectives.
- See the list of required items
Items needed for course:
- Laptop computer for class, assignments and Zoom sessions
- A computer outside of the classroom for online lectures and assignments
- Compatible internet speed for all required assignments
- Clinical Uniform that will consist of:
- Black Pants – Dickies (no jeans, no scrubs, no yoga pants)
- Polo type shirt – included in cost of class
- Solid Black non-permeable shoes
- Watch – digital type or has a second hand
The cost includes:
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett Emergency Sick and Injured AAOS EMT 11th Edition
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- NIMS 100, 200, & 700
- CEVO training (students with a driver’s license)
- Clinical Uniform shirt
- 12 hours of mandatory ambulance ride time coordinated by Easton course coordinator