STATE OF CT PRACTICAL EXAM
EMT and EMR Practical Exam Testing
****NEW STATE/CDC TESTING GUIDELINES FOR COVID-19***
We have always prided ourselves on making your testing process a less stressful and more successful experience. Now we have taken additional precautions to make this experience even more safe and hopefully even more successful.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we have made to our testing site socially distant and sanitized in accordance with the State of CT and CDC guidelines. Our goal is to ensure the health and welfare of every candidate while reaching their goal.
Our exams will now be offered as a “staggered time” exam. There will be three candidates per hour and scheduled accordingly. Candidates will be scheduled every hour on the hour. The first three candidates will complete ALL stations within that hour, then leave the site. Then the next three candidates for the test will then be allowed into to the building and test. When you register for the examination, you will have an option for all four hours during that exam.
Arriving to the exam, your temperature will be taken prior to entering the site, along with questionnaire. If you are not feeling well or have a fever upon arrival, you will not be admitted to the exam and will be allowed to reschedule WITHOUT penalty. Gloves and masks will also be provided upon entering the building, as well as the proper PPE needed for each station. After a candidate has completed a station, the station will then be sanitized prior to the next candidate entering.
UPCOMING EXAM DATES
Sunday – July 19, 2020 – 9am
Thursday, August 13, 2020 – 6pm
Sunday, October 18, 2020 – 9am
CT State EMT/EMR Practical Exam Testing
Easton Emergency Medical Service is a State of CT approved testing site for the State of CT Emergency Medical Technician and Emergency Medical Responder Practical Examination. The practical examination consists of the psychomotor (practical skills) portion of the testing process leading to the State of CT certification and NREMT registration as an Emergency Medical Technician or Emergency Medical Responder.
Easton Emergency Medical Services
448 Sport Hill Rd
Candidates who have successfully completed a State of CT approved EMT/EMR course and must be documented on their EMT/EMR program instructor’s T4 form on file with the State Office of Emergency Medical Services. Course completion must be within two (2) years of the examination date; are having an expired Connecticut or NREMT certification reinstated or are completing the examination for endorsement as an EMT/EMR.
– Full Exam – (5 stations) – $110.00
– Retest Exam – (2 stations) – $55.00
Full Exam Description Required Skills
– Medical Assessment
– Trauma Assessment
– Random (joint immobilization; long bone immobilization or bleeding/shock control)
– Airway Management
Retest Exam Description Skills
– Two (2) Skill Stations
– Candidates that have failed only two (2) stations at a previous practical exam may repeat their two failed stations during another exam.
Note: If you have failed the random station prior and are retesting, you may not have the same random “skill” on your re-take exam.
– Registration is first come, first serve basis; NO wait list.
– Payment due at the time of registration.
– All candidates MUST be registered 15 days prior to the test. NO registrations will be accepted within 15 days of the test.
– All sales are final, NON-REFUNDABLE. In the event an exam is canceled by Easton EMS, you will be notified via email and posted on the Easton EMS website. Your registration will then be transferred to the next available testing date.
– Registration is NON-TRANSFERABLE.
– By registering for an exam, you agree to all terms of the exam.
What to Bring to the Examination
– All candidates MUST bring positive proof of identity in the form of a government issued PHOTO ID (Driver’s License, Military ID or Passport). You will not be admitted to the test without an acceptable photo ID.
– Secondhand watch
Candidates testing attire: Clothing should be business casual and able to move with activities. NO clothing that identifies you with an organization, agency or department. NO hats, NO skirts, NO open toed shoes, NO low-cut shirts. If attire is deemed inappropriate, the Candidate will be asked to change prior to start of exam.
Rules and Requirements
Candidates must arrive NO later than 10 minutes prior to scheduled exam start time. Candidates arriving later than 10 minutes prior to exam start time will NOT be admitted to the examination and will forfeit examination fee.
Doors Open: 8:00 a.m.
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Registration cut-off: 8:50 a.m. – (NO ADMISSION AFTER 8:50 a.m. – NO REFUND)
Exam Start Time: 9:00 a.m.
NO PHONES, SMART WATCHES, RADIOS, PAGERS, OUTSIDE NOTES/PAPERWORK, TESTING SKILL SHEETS, WEAPONS OR BOOKS ARE PERMITTED IN THE TESTING OR STAGING AREA. ALSO, PLEASE NO TALKING DURING TESTING, AS YOU MAY ABE DISMISSED FROM EXAM.
Choose the exam you are registering/paying for from the drop-down. Please click on the “ADD TO CART” link below for payment. **REGISTRATION IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL TESTING FEE IS PAID IN FULL**