STATE OF CT PRACTICAL EXAM
EMT and EMR Practical Exam Testing
We have always prided ourselves on making your testing process a less stressful and more successful experience. Now we have taken additional precautions to make this experience even more safe and hopefully even more successful.
Our goal is to ensure the health and welfare of every candidate while reaching their goal. If you are not feeling well or have a fever (100.0 degrees or above) upon arrival, you will not be admitted to the exam and will be allowed to reschedule WITHOUT penalty. After a candidate has completed a station, the station will then be sanitized prior to the next candidate entering.
2023 EXAM SCHEDULE
Sunday, May 14, 2023 – 8:15am – FILLED
Sunday, June 4, 2023 – 8:15am – CLOSED
Sunday, June 25, 2023 – 8:15am
**PLEASE REMEMBER, EXAM REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE 1O DAYS PRIOR TO THE EXAM**
CT State EMT/EMR Practical Exam Testing
Easton Emergency Medical Service is a State of CT approved testing site for the State of CT Emergency Medical Technician and Emergency Medical Responder Practical Examination. The practical examination consists of the psychomotor (practical skills) portion of the testing process leading to the State of CT certification and NREMT registration as an Emergency Medical Technician or Emergency Medical Responder.
Easton Emergency Medical Services
448 Sport Hill Rd
Candidates who have successfully completed a State of CT approved EMT/EMR course and must be documented on their EMT/EMR program instructor’s T4 form on file with the State Office of Emergency Medical Services. Course completion must be within two (2) years of the examination date; are having an expired Connecticut or NREMT certification reinstated or are completing the examination for endorsement as an EMT/EMR.
– Full Exam – (5 stations) – $125.00
– Retest Exam – (2 stations) – $65.00
Full Exam Description Required Skills
– Medical Assessment
– Trauma Assessment
– Random (joint immobilization; long bone immobilization or bleeding/shock control)
– Airway Management
Retest Exam Description Skills
– Two (2) Skill Stations
– Candidates that have failed only two (2) stations at a previous practical exam may repeat their two failed stations during another exam.
Note: If you have failed the random station prior and are retesting, you may not have the same random “skill” on your re-take exam.
– Registration is first come, first serve basis; NO wait list.
– Payment due at the time of registration.
– All sales are final, NON-REFUNDABLE. In the event an exam is canceled by Easton EMS, you will be notified via email and posted on the Easton EMS website. Your registration will then be transferred to the next available testing date.
– Registration is NON-TRANSFERABLE.
– By registering for an exam, you agree to all terms of the exam.
What to Bring to the Examination
– All candidates MUST bring positive proof of identity in the form of a government issued PHOTO ID (Driver’s License, Military ID or Passport). You will not be admitted to the test without an acceptable photo ID.
– Secondhand watch – NO SMART WATCHES
Candidates testing attire: Clothing should be business casual and able to move with activities. NO clothing that identifies you with an organization, agency or department. NO hats, NO skirts, NO open toed shoes, NO low-cut shirts. If attire is deemed inappropriate, the Candidate will be asked to change prior to start of exam.
Rules and Requirements
Candidates must arrive NO later than 10 minutes prior to scheduled exam start time. Candidates arriving later than their scheduled arrival time will NOT be admitted to the examination and will forfeit examination fee.
NO PHONES, SMART WATCHES, RADIOS, PAGERS, OUTSIDE NOTES/PAPERWORK, TESTING SKILL SHEETS, WEAPONS OR BOOKS ARE PERMITTED IN THE TESTING OR STAGING AREA. ALSO, PLEASE NO TALKING DURING TESTING, AS YOU MAY ABE DISMISSED FROM EXAM.
Choose between a FULL exam all five stations ($125) or a RETAKE exam – two stations ($65). Please choose from the drop-down. Please click on the “ADD TO CART” link below for payment. YOU WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED UNTIL PAYMENT IS MADE..